Sunday, July 19, 2015

Rimmel London Sweet Lavender


I'm a bit of a nail polish devotee and tend to change my nails up 2-4 times a week. It is rare for my bare nails to be showing and thought I'd start reviewing the colours and brands I enjoy using.

For the last two weeks I've been embracing pastel colours. Something about the softness and femininity of the shades makes me relate it to summer and fresh air. So while out paroozing the isles of Shoppers as Adam was looking for a bum pillow (honestly, it's not as bad as it sounds!) I caught glance of this Sweet Lavender colour. It has been awhile since using this formula and I was presently surprised after the first swipe.

Rimmel does an excellent job describing the name, and was exactly the shade that shows in the bottle. The brush was thick, which I appreciate and the wand had a medium length, allowing for the most precise application. The formula was smooth, running along my nails nicely. As the first coat went on I was quiet satisfied, it was sheer enough that mistakes couldn't be noticed and I could have left it at that. I'm a two coat kinda girl and in no time my nails were dry enough for me to add my favourite top coat, seche vite.

I'll be looking for other shades in this range because like I mentioned the packaging and application is exactly what I want in a polish.

What do you think of this shade? Do you have any favourite colours by Rimmel London and suggest I try?

Enjoy,
Erin

5 comments:

  1. I wish I liked nail polish because this color is gorgeous. I just DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT TO DRY. GAHHH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try seche vite! It a miracle worker for drying nails. I swear by it. You can borrow mine if you want to try.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Its true, Adam looking for a bum pillow, elderly looking a bum cream and Erin looking at beauty goodies :)

      Delete
  3. Loving that shade!! It's the perfect pretty purple 😍

    ReplyDelete