Thursday, February 11, 2016

Valentines Day Ombre Nails

I love simple fun holiday nail looks and thought this one was pretty easy to recreate for Valentines Day, so I've attached some pictures to show you how I made this ombre nail look. 

I decided to stick with mostly pinks and arrange them from lightest to darkest.
You could easily adjust this to create a "red" ombre look for something a bit more dramatic.

I wanted the lightest colour on my pinky and the darkest on my thumbs. I enjoy this look best with short nails, so I filed them to my preferred length. 

I sorted out a number of polishes, arranged them in different orders until I was happy with these:


1st I started with "Hubby for Dessert"

2nd was "Sweet Hook"

3rd I used an older Sephora polish in
"No need for a bikini"

4th was "Miami Nice" by Essie

And lastly I used "Cherry Pie" which is more red than pink

The final look 
I'll be rocking these nails the week leading up to Valentines Day. It's fun to have bright girly coloured nails this time of year, gives you hope that Spring is near!

Tag me on Instagram if you attempt something like this. I'd love to see your Valentines Day nails!

Xo, Erin 

No comments:

Post a Comment