Thursday, August 27, 2015

ROOTS Hair Treatment by LUSH

I was told I didn't have hair until I was three years old, well that's my mom's version anyway. She reminisces about my youth and claims she was fearful I'd be heading off to school ... BALD! She can be known to be a bit of a story teller but sadly she is not far from the truth on this one. All my life I've had fine hair. I have a lot of hair but the pieces are fine! So I'm always on the look out for products that will provide me with a boost without adding gunk or weight to my locks.

When I first found Roots, I was sold on the scent alone (peppermint/spearmint/sweet orange) but also was intrigued because of it being a hair treatment and not just a conditioner. It claims to give fantastic volume to fine/thin hair and after first use I was extremely happy with my results. I've used this product for over a year now and every time I open the jar I'm anticipating the end results... volume, shine and defined natural waves that look healthy.


How I use it: I've used this product a few different ways but my favourite way is to shampoo my hair first, allowing any old products to be washed away. Then I scoop out a hair hand full of "Roots" and apply from roots to ends, massaging it into my scalp and really working it on to my hair. Then I relax. 30 mins later I wash it out and leave it at that. I bush my hair out afterwards and allow for it to dry naturally. I tend to shower in the evenings and go to bed with damp hair, so in the mornings after I've used Roots I get a lot of volume and shine, plus the smell lingers for a few days which I'm a fan of.

Selling features: I appreciate that this product is meant to be used all over your hair, none of this just use on the ends of your hair nonsense. It's so simple to use and says exactly what it does, revitalizes fine hair. Plus, LUSH is a brand that I'm a huge supporter of. Not just because of it's ethics but because of it's diversity, practices, products and unique staff. 

"Roots" is a 5 star product in my eyes and if you aren't in need of volume then be sure to check out the other hair treatments by LUSH. I've had great luck with a number of them and suggest you give your locks some nutritious TLC too.   


Have you tried LUSH before? What are some of your go to products? Were your parents concerned you would never grow hair either?


Erin 

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh I really want this now!
    That scent alone sounds amazing.
    I so apply to all over my hair hahaha just the ends.. Please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also very happy you didn't have to head to school bald hahaha my sister was the same way. Not a wisp!

    ReplyDelete