Monday, August 31, 2015

Revlon Colorstay in "Up The Ante"


So it seems that I've been on a purple kick as of lately. I'd always considered purple to be one of my favourite colours until I had a DIY wedding and purple was one of my main colours... I hated purple for a good while after!!!

The thought of purple

But it is back on my favoured list and I've been using the colour as a statement on my nails. "Up the Ante" by Revlon is one of the Colorstay Gel Envy formulas. I've had this polish for a number of months now and every time I wear it, I'm reminded that I'm a big fan of this formula. The polish is meant to emulate gel nail polishes, however there is no need of  UV or LED lamps. I usually get 5-7 days wear out of this polish and as an added bonus it is easily removable as well.

The colour is a warm pink-purple-fuchsia blend that wears beautifully this time of year. I enjoy this formula only toes because of the staying power. The formula is thick and if precise you could get away with one coat. I never do more than two coats and at no time have I come across this polish streaking. My only gripe is that because of the thickness it takes a little longer to dry. But the end results are true to the claims of nails that mimic those of gel. Gel Envy polish come in a handful of colours and price range from $6.99 - $8.99 Cdn.

Have you picked up any of the Revlon Colorstay polishes? Thoughts?



Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment