Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Results ~ Finish 5 by summer's end

Just over two months ago, June 25th to be exact, I posted a video showing 5 products I wanted to use up before the end of Summer. I figured I'd try to have them finished by the end of August so here are the results...

2 things to point out first ...
1~ it takes commitment to work away at products knowing you have more you want to use and try.
2~ It feels damn good to finish a product ... note to self to STOP hoarding!!!

CELEBRATE !!!

Falling in Love by Philosophy is one of my scents ever! I will repurchase this over and over as I really enjoy the blend of vanilla, soft floras and ripe berries. It's such a feminine scent that lingers yet it is not over powering. I was happy to use this every few days and although a little sad I finished it I know I will being using it again soon.

Rating: 5/5 and will repurchase
Completed 

Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask by FAB is a great mask if you are looking to restore moisture in your face. When I started this mini challenge I didn't think about the effectiveness and what I needed in the products I choose. This mask was neglected because I was in no need of extra moisture during the summer months. I really like this mask and what it does to smooth and nourish my skin. I highly recommend this First Aid Beauty mask as it is gentle, calming and has a faint vanilla/oatmeal scent.  

Rating: 5/5 and will repurchase
Did not complete

Turkish Delight by LUSH was a really nice in shower moisturizer. It has a present rose smell as it is infused with Turkish rose and other essential oils. The product is quite creamy and left my body feeling extremely soft, moisturized and fragrant. I'd like to try the African Paradise body smoothie next as it has a more tropical scent. 

Rating: 4/5 and will repurchase
Completed

Purity by Philosophy is a simple facial cleanser that took me 2 years to finish!!! No I didn't use it consistently, however I've never been so glad to finish a product as I was when I finished this. It did the job of cleaning my face, never irritated my skin and foamed nicely. I was not a fan of the packaging as the product was a thicker gel consistency and I would have to squeeze with all my might to get the product out. At the end of the day I had a dance party when I finally finished this product. I've been ready to move on 507 days ago!!!

Rating: 3/5 will not repurchase
Completed ... HALLELUJAH 

My reaction when I finished Purity
French Lavender and Honey by BBW is a thick cream that doesn't leave a sticky feeling on your skin for long and is non greasy.  So I was happy with this lotion and was able to find use for it even in the warm weeks of summer. The smell is beautiful and the formula left my body feeling rich with moisture.

Rating: 3.5/5 will repurchase
Completed


So there you have it, I completely finished 4/5 products and when all said and done, it's a satisfying feeling knowing your money wasn't wasted. I have a lot more beauty products to get through so stay turned for my next challenge.

YouTube Video









No comments:

Post a Comment