Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Favourites Week with Natalie: Favourite Face Masks

This week my neighbour and fellow blogger Natalie and I are doing collaboration posts on some of our favourite things. Natalie will post Monday and Wednesday and I'll be posting Tuesday and Thursday. On Friday, we have a special treat for you all so stay tuned while following along. 

I'm a big believer in skin care and I love to paper myself when it comes to taking care of my face. I love to dabble in makeup but could easily give it all up, however I'd never give up my skin care products. I've always had pretty decent skin and I chalk some of that luck up to not exposing my skin to a lot of sun, drinking plenty of water and taking care of cleaning my face on a regular basis. Over the years my routine has incorporated many face masks and I'm here to share some of my favourites. 

 Two of the major reasons I reach for a face mask on a weekly basis is because I'm either looking for additional moisture or I'm in need of a deeper cleanse. I have normal skin that tends to get a little dry in the cooler months so it's essential in maintain radiance all year, I continue to listen to my skin and give it what it needs.  




I've been using sheet masks for approximately 2 years. They are a great alternative to a moisturizing mask as most sheet masks are easy to use. You apply, wait the allotted time then walk away. No need to rinse off and because they are dripping with serum, you can get away with not having to apply additional moisturizer. I must warn you, you will look extremely scary as they only leave your eyes, nostrils and mouth exposed. So warn those around you or try one out on Halloween. Sephora makes some great sheet masks but you can also find them in the beauty sections at drug stores. 




 First Aid Beauty makes a marvellous, deeply hydrating instant oatmeal mask that only takes 10 minutes to use. This mask restores dry, rough, dehydrated skin, leaving it smooth, soft and revived. The oatmeal scent is calming and I really enjoy using this in-between the days I use a mask that is a bit more abrasive. 




I'm a big fan of Origins. They are a great skin care company and I thoroughly enjoy their "clear improvements" active charcoal mask. This mask has activated charcoal that acts like a magnet to draw out deep dwelling pore cloggers. As the charcoal dries it increases circulation making my face appear more rosy than normal. I make sure to moisturize really well afterwards as my pores are de-clogged and looking for a drink. 




Mask on Magnaminty by LUSH is a holy grail product for me. It has a scent of minty goodness (hence the name) and works wonders on my skin. As it sits on my face it gives off a slight tingly sensation and when I wash it off my face feels so damn clean. It truly is a wonderful product that will leave your skin feeling calm, soft and refreshed.  




Face masks are a staple in my routine and I enjoy mixing them up. When traveling I always bring along a "Montagne Jeunesse" mask as they are cheap ($2) and easy to pack. I love trying out the different types as they all have the same results... an additional juicy boost of moisture. These are some of my favourites to always have on hand when I run out of my other staples. 


So there are some of my favourite masks when it comes to removing excess dirt, oil and dead skin cells and revealing, fresh, soft, glowing skin underneath. I'd love to hear what you favour and if you have any further questions please send them my way.    


Enjoy,
Erin 

No comments:

Post a Comment