Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Grey Area by Sally Hansen


Grey Area by Sally Hansen 


Frankly speaking, I was quiet surprised by this nail polish. I picked it up at Walmart for a whopping $2.49 and my expectations weren't that high because I knew I wasn't paying very much for this polish. It sat in my nail polish drawer for a number of months and I brought it out recently as the weather is starting to change, Autumn is nearing and I love grey tones for the cooler months.

Lo and behold it was the a great purchase because the formula on this polish was superb. Why hasn't anyone told me this??? LADIES !!! Have I not been paying attention or what?

So my thoughts are this, it was a wonderful polish that exceeded my expectations because with one coat I could have walked away and called it a day... but ... I waited around anticipating for something to go wrong. Nothing did and I added an additional coat just to be on the safe side. It was a lovely grey with a blue/purple under tone. As I mentioned, it was extremely smooth to apply, I didn't have any issues with clumping, streaking etc. It lasted roughly 4 days and although it didn't chip, the tips were starting to fade as if they were being rubbed off.

I'll be looking for other colours in this range. I've looked at the Walmart near me a few times and in passing no other colour has really caught my eye.

Do you have any colour suggestions I watch out for? I'm leaving behind the corals and pinks as Summer slowly slips away but would like to hear of some red/burgundy/mauve shades you might recommend.

Until next time...
Happy polishing


Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment