Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Birthday Recap

This past Thursday, December 10th was my birthday. And although it might sound luxurious to say I got to stay home from work and lay in bed all day it wasn't so romantic ! 



It's true !!!

I was a mess and it wasn't pretty. Between falling asleep and being ill I managed to watch a few episodes of Gilmore Girls (nice and light as I had no brain power). Most of the day was a hazy and uneventful and I was extremely disappointed I had to cancel dinner plans with friends at the Culinary Institute, but we will be rescheduling in the New Year. 

And although the day seemed like a bust, I had some lovely phone calls and messages from friends and family. It kept my spirits up! 

I thought I'd share a few gifts I was given as I honestly have nothing to share about the day. I couldn't even think about turning a year older as I was so sick and just trying to stay alive ... okay a bit dramatic I know. 

My parents gifted me with two tickets to go see David Myles which took place last weekend. I was a bit apprehensive as it was a Christmas concert and to be honest it's not my go to music, even this time of year. However I've heard David on CBC a number of times and appreciate his storytelling and chats and hoped he would talk in-between songs, giving back stories etc. Adam came with me and was also sceptical as he had never really heard of David besides in "Inner Ninja" and hip-hop is not Adam's thing. 

To say we were both pleasantly surprised was a huge understatement! Wow, is David ever an entertainer! We laughed the whole way through the concert and throughly enjoyed the music. It wasn't just Christmas music which was nice, nor was it the traditional holiday tunes. David Myles had the crowd giggling with all his stories and stomping to the beats. We both left delighted and full of spirit saying " I want to go again next year" and wanted to mention it to others so they can join in the fun too. 

Here is a fun tune David created and had animated by a company in Halifax, NS. YAY, East Coast!!!





A few of my presents

The above picture shows a few of the gifts I received this past week. Some were given on my birthday and others arrived in the mail, trickling in all week. 

This gift from Too Faced is called the "beautifully blushed and bronzed" set and came with two bronzers, two blushes and a brush. They are pretty tiny, but a great way to explore the products without the commitment. One of the bronzers smells like chocolate...bonus!  Adam gave me this along with the watercolour hearts mug by Starbucks. I had my eye on this mug so it's funny he picked it out for me. 

Natalie gifted me a ton of goodies along with the Origins Ginger Souffle whipped body cream and a scarf from Indigo. The cream smells heavenly and is delightful on the skin, while the scarf is white, waffled and warm!!!

My friend April gave me this sweet stirling silver Tree of Life necklace that I know I will gets lots of day to day wear out of. 

Friends back in NB sent me a package full of treats and a few things included a game of charades, some double ball earrings ( pearls and crystals) and some Davids Tea (birthday cake, red velvet cake and chocolate macaroon). 




Another gift from Adam included this Lululemon Bag. It's the "follow your bliss" bag and is the perfect bag for work!!! Before this bag I left the house with what felt like 128376 bags. Adam would shake his head at me every morning and it was embarrassing walking into work looking like a bag lady! So I was on the hunt for a bag that could carry my lunch, books, laptop and extra shoes or clothes and this bag does it all. I'm so happy with the colour as well and glad it's not the traditional black/brown or beige. Thanks for listen to my needs wants needs Adam!


Before the Lululemon bag !!!

So there is a little recap of my birthday and a few presents I received. I try not to think about getting older and instead count my blessings, appreciating it's a privilege to grow old. But let's be honest, pooping your pants on your birthday is only funny when you don't have the flu!!! This year should be a blast ... onwards we go!

Erin



No comments:

Post a Comment