Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies

There is lots of baking taking place this time of you. Whether it's for the upcoming holiday season or because you find yourself stuck inside away from the cold craving some good tasty homemade treats. 

I'm not a huge baker ... I enjoy sweets but I haven't really found that "love" of cooking or baking. I appreciate eating food/meals that are homemade and from scratch but rarely do I find myself in the kitchen making them. 

However, there are some rare like really rare occasions when I spot a recipe and I just need to try it out. Hence this recipe by TheCakeMerchant. Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies ... YES PLEASE! I'm a sucker for shortbread cookies (hold the cherry though), I love them to bits and thought I need to try my hand at this interesting variation as I'm also a lover of anything cinnamon.  




The recipe was easy to follow and resulted in an abundance of cookies that I took to work. Adam and I had a few the night before and we contemplated keeping them for ourselves, but in the spirit of giving (yeah right, we just didn't want to have to run extra kilometres for eating all the cookies) I followed through and shared them with co-workers. 

I wasn't surprised when they were all gone by noon. I'm glad everyone enjoyed them and many complimented me on the "twist" to the traditional shortbread cookie. They all appreciated the brown sugar and cinnamon as much as Adam and I did.  




I think it's the simplicity of a shortbread cookie that I like, this variation spruces them up just a bit while still tasting delicious.

Enjoy with a cup of tea.


~ Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment