Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Favourites ~ March 27th


It's that time of week again... The weather is definitely warming up and the time I spent outdoors over the last few days is refreshing. Knowing the snow is melting is a relief but it's the increase in temperature that I love to feel. We still have huge amounts of snow, but on Wednesday I opened my windows and left them open for a good part of the day. Spring is on her way!

Leg warmers/ handmade socks. I can't believe I'm saying leg warmers (total 80's) are a favourite of mine. But in all honesty they are a life saver when I want to go to the gym. I can wear my capris leggings and throw the leg warmers on top and I don't have to put pants on. Sweet. And handmade socks are a must for Atlantic Canadian winters. Thanks mom for learning to knit these beauties !!!




Green leg warmers from Roots, and handmade socks by Momma Reid

Smith's Rosebud Salve Balm. Without a doubt this is by far my favourite lip balm ever. I bought my first tube of this at a place called "the Henhouse" in the Hydrostone Market area of Halifax, 7+ years ago. I usually pick it up at Chapters or Sephora and always have a number of tubes on the go. It is multi purposeful (think diaper rash, burns, cuticle balm) but the feeling and condition it leaves on my lips is powerful. It is definitely the "your lips but way better" product you want to get your hands lips on.



Island Storm Basketball. Adam and I have been taking in a lot of the Storm games and this past Tuesday was an exceptional win. We were down 3-0 in the best of 7 series against the Halifax Rainmen, so it was a "now or never" situation for the Storm. We pulled away the first half and were leading by 19 points. The Rainmen took the third quarter and tired it up (80-80) going into the 4th. I was screaming and clapping so hard that my hands were chapped !!! We were seated behind the Rainmen bench and were cheering against some of their fans so my presence needed to be known. With 2:10 left in the game Halifax had the lead by 7 points. My legs were bouncing and I was starting to loose my voice, but then everything fell into place, the Storm started hitting shots and the Rainmen started fouling. The Island Storm got the win with a 113-105 victory over Halifax. The series is now at 3-1 for the Rainmen and I'm really counting on the Storm to bring the series back to Charlottetown for another game. 


Confederation Trail. Wow, what a gem we have at our doorstep, literally. Just a few streets away, is a portion of the trail that is cleared all year around for snow mobiling, biking, running, you name it. In 1989, when PEI's railway was abandoned, Islanders knew they had something special and unique to expose. The Confederation trail was erected and is Prince Edward Island's portion of the Trans Canada trail. 

              
Oliver enjoying the trail, then taking a break from all the running. 


Song. Birdy- People help the people. Although it is not an original work of Birdy's, her depiction of this song is beautiful. I listen and think: "be kind, you never know the impact you have on others".  



Quote. 





No comments:

Post a Comment