Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March Beauty Goodies

If I could go back in time to when I first acquired a job (think late teens), I'd definitely veer towards the drugstore environment. I'm not lying when I say that I LOVE "me" some Shoppers Drug Mart and cherish my Optimum card like hipsters value their skinny jeans. Anyone else in the same boat?

I've been doing an acceptable job at working through the wealth of beauty related products I own and as such I was in need of some replacements. I placed an order with Sephora and while at Shoppers to pick up nail polish I had a coupon for, I snagged some great deals in the makeup isles.


Sephora Goodies
* Picture on the left is what I bought, and on the right are my free samples.

I've been doing some research on toners and knew I wanted one that "spritzed" on my face as opposed to one that you put on a cotton pad. In my opinion a lot of product gets wasted that way. I read some great reviews on this Caudalie one, and I am not sorry I added it to my basket. If you are a normal human and appreciate the smell of a spa atmosphere then let me tell you that this "beauty elixir" gives that instant burst of freshness mixed with the longing to be pampered! It is part toner, part serum mist of essential oils and is a great way to start your morning and can be used before your moisturizer.

I wrote about the love I have for Boscia konjac sponges and I'd had my current one coming up on two months so I was in the market for a new one. I decided to go for the smaller pack of three, although most reviews say that the sponge is too small. I have yet to try it but when dry it is the size of golf ball, and it will grow a bit bigger once water is added. I'm thinking that is plenty big enough to wash my face with.

My makeup experience is pretty limited and when it comes to certain techniques (insert eyeliner flick here) I can use all the help I can get. I don't wear much makeup ... don't even own a foundation and never have ... but I really like the look of liquid eyeliner. I've attempted the look with some inexpensive brand eyeliners and figured why not try a holy grail product of so many Youtubers. The Kat Von D eyeliner in Trooper is unlike any one I've tried. The flexible brush tip glides seamlessly across the lash line for precise application. You can create the thinest line or build and make a bold one. This one is a winner!!!


Lastly, I'd been wanting to try my hand at Origins GinZing range and opted for the trio pack. I've tried the line twice and noticed my face had a glisten to it. The "zingy" orange fragrance is a lovely boost in the morning. Majority of reviews note that these products are great for sensitive skin. Although the products are tiny (sample size for the trio pack) the eye cream is going to last a long time due to a little amount going a long way.

With Sephora when you order online you have the chance to add free sample merchandise during checkout. Also, as a VIB member you can trade points in for additional products and I did such and received Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist (in spritz form... yay) and a Nest Fragrance in Indigo.
As my free samples I got Glamglow's ThirstycleanseCaudalie Premier eye cream and Origins GinZing eye cream.

Initially, I went into Shoppers to use my coupon to pick up a buy one get one free nail polish. I had Essie polish on my mind because they just came out with a beautiful Spring collection and walked away with "french affair" and "bikini so teeny".


Then I spotted a bin of markdown makeup... good lord. But I did good, I picked up two lip glosses, Maybelline elixir in "mandarin rapture" and L'Oreal gloss in "Rose on and on". Each retail for approximately $6.50-$9.00 but I snagged them for $1.75 each. I then spotted Maybelline expert wear eyeshadow in "tastefully taupe" for $1.25. This was a steal and I don't actually own any single powered eyeshadows. I then came across Soap and Glory "the Righteous butter" for $4.50. If you have ever smelled Soap and Glory products you know that unique scent, which I find quite heavenly. I'm happy with the moisturizer and it doesn't have a "greasy" feeling that lingers.



Lastly, I couldn't walk by the Essence display without taking a gander. I spotted the All about Sunrise palette and knew that I would be spending an additional $4.99 in order to get these eyeshadows. There are 6 buildable colours that have a shimmer/metallic effect and will look great during the day or evening. Have I told you lately how much I LOVE Essence!



Overall I'm pretty pleased with my goodies! #Erinforthewin #beautyscore

Anyone else worship Essence as much as me? I think the products are grand and the prices are a true steal. 

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo many things to comment on!!! I just can't narrow it down Lolol
    But I will say I've been WANTING that caudaile elixir for YEARS! I don't know why I keep delaying it. I want it so so so bad!

    2nd whaaaaaa no foundation?!!! Lucky!!!!!!

    3rd shoppers shoutout!!! I miss shoppers something fierce :(

    Loooooving Essies spring collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @hollyhousewife the elixir is a special little product that makes you feel like you are being pampered. The smell alone is spa quality.
    Yes, no foundation, mostly because I don't know how to wear it! Ha ha. So I stick to tinted moisturizers.

    ReplyDelete